Monday, September 10, 2012

DPNs!

I've packed my yarn collection nicely in a box for quite some time.  No, definitely not for good since the box is not sealed. Though it's hard to do, I've disciplined myself (ha! ha!) not to start a big project until I've clear the major backlogs that I've accumulated since I'm gone (from my blog updates). Sometimes the temptation is very hard to resist!

This is one of the examples...
I've been eyeing the DPNs on the internet for quite some time... and finally I got it from Daiso for a very cheap price - yeah, if you buy from eBay you need to add postage and everything, right? It's bamboo, not excellently smooth, but enough to feed my curiosity on how to use DPNs. So off I went to do research on simple patterns and tutorials... (well, talk about discipline!  The temptation vs. doing the right thing???  Well, I certainly did not do anything wrong here HA HA)

Finally settled on a basic sock pattern that is supposed to be easy... at least that's what I thought.  But since it's been long since the last time I knit, I actually find it hard to control a pair of needles... let alone all four! (DPNs usually come in a set of four; 3 where you put your stitches, 1 for working)  I think I'm better off with my own way - using circular needles :D



I almost gave up, but I don't like leaving things halfway done... So finally finished the sock, but it's totally not presentable!  Ladders between stitches... but now I get the experience, and learn new term/stitch - the Kitchner Stitch.  Well probably a bit of guilt (for being undisciplined?) also contributes to the ladders?  Can't expect me to be over-disciplined, eh... :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this form to leave a comment: