Friday, April 9, 2010

My first ever.. knitted cardigan

I know that I should be writing something else... but it's as if there's a big magnet that draws me to write this post.  This is my first try on a cardigan... a knitted cardigan.  Finished long before I did my crocheted 'cropped' cardigan.  At that time, I was very new to knitting, but I took my chances on this pattern out of curiosity  (never mind the phrase 'curiosity killed the cat'... ) he he he

No cat was killed during the days involved to finish this cardigan.  Only my pocket hurt a bit; in exchange for yarns, markers and a circular needle.  Some stitches are missing, but all in all, I managed to knit the cardigan - yeah!!! And Adik loves her cardigan very much! 




The pattern is suitable for beginners.  It involves garter stitch, stockinette stitch and eyelets. Since I didn't have a slightest idea on how different parts will be assembled into a single cardigan, it was really fun when it was time to do so.  To those who haven't try knitting (or crocheting) a garment, find one - start with something small like baby's or toddler's size, and have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this form to leave a comment: