Monday, February 1, 2010

Picking up knitting

One day, I was inspired by a friend who showed me her knitting project. Little did I know that a knitting (and crocheting) frenzy was hitting some people around me at that time. Not planning to be left behind, I searched high and low for the knitting needles that I once have (supposed to be my daughter's, but I turned out to be the primary user! HA HA ) and started a simple free project that I downloaded from the Internet. It was supposed to be an 'easy+' project - a simple project for beginner with a hint of excitement involving some patterns at the back and front. Basically, it is a combination of purl, knit (k), yarn over (yo) and slip, slip, knit (ssk). However, since I have to refresh my knitting skills and find a comfortable way to handle the needles after sooo many years, I felt sooo.. awkward! LOL

This is where I learnt so many things like a simple way to cast on stitches (thanks to Encho!), binding off and sewing pieces together. I didn't have any double pointed needles so I skipped knitting the cord. As a replacement, I found a nice piece of ready-made cord at one of the stores nearby and here is the outcome:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this form to leave a comment: