Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My first Amigurumi - revisited!

Amigurumi - "... is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures." (Wikipedia)

Well, this is not normally what I wrote for term papers. But this is not a term paper... nor a freelance writing job that I sometimes do as another hobby to enforce mind-n-fingers exercise on creative writing. Focusing too much on technical writings does take a toll; you get so tied-up with facts and figures that you won't let yourself produce something creative! (As if this is creative enough! HA HA )

My first Amigurumi is not an animal nor other creature, but... a CUPCAKE!
But it is surely an amigurumi coz it was crocheted and stuffed. But what you see in this picture is not the first cupcake amigurumi I produced some time ago (the first two cupcakes had been tossed and squashed by two happy and energetic girls :) ) - this is specially made for my niece who just turned 1 last week. I made sure that it is safe (and soft!) for a toddler. Instead of decorating the cupcake with 'sprinkles', 'chocolate rice' or 'candies' made of beads and buttons, I used yarns of different colours to decorate the topping. Yeay...!

2 comments:

Rafidah Rahim said...

cute cupcake for cute niece =)
i want it also..one big cupcake is enough..=D

Ann said...

Waa... Sifu oso want one aaa? Can... can... need to queue laa... wait, ha... wait, ha...!

Post a Comment

Please use this form to leave a comment: